What Services do we Provide?
High quality NHS and private dentistry in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Professional and caring, we treat lots of nervous patients and provide cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, veneers and implants. Owned and run by Daniel Evans, this well-established practice will provide the personal approach and attention to detail that you need to maintain healthy teeth and gums.
What Facilities do we have at the Practice?
Disabled access with a wheelchair and ramp available as well as a wheelchair-friendly access point on the reception desk. A downstairs surgery with wide doorways and good wheelchair access. At Bungay, which is upstairs, we have a stairlift for disabled access.
We have a range of toys for children in the waiting rooms as well as in the surgeries.
We have a range of dental literature and information on NHS and private treatment at the practice.
Do you carry out home visits?
If it is impossible for patients to access our practice using the facilities we already offer, we are able to provide home visits for patients. However, the dental treatment that we are able to provide on home visits is very limited.
Am I guaranteed to see the same dentist each visit?
The Reception staff will endeavour to book you in with the same dentist that you saw previously. However, due to various reasons, there may be occasions that you will be offered an appointment with a different dentist, particularly if it is for an urgent treatment.
How do I go about making a complaint if I am unhappy?
Below is our Code of Practice for Patient Complaints.
Dental Practice Code of practice for patient complaints
In this practice we take complaints very seriously indeed and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This procedure is based on these objectives.
Our aim is to react to complaints in the way in which we would want our complaint about a service to be handled. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers' concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
1. The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is: Mr Evans
2. If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to immediately. If is not available at the time, then the patient will be told when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on. If we cannot arrange this within a reasonable period or if the patient does not wish to wait to discuss the matter, arrangements will be made for someone else to deal with it.
3. If the patient complains in writing the letter will be passed on immediately to Mr Evans.
4. If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
5. We will acknowledge the patient's complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this code of practice as soon as possible, normally within three working days. We will seek to investigate the complaint within ten working days of receipt to give an explanation of the circumstances which led to the complaint. If the patient does not wish to meet us, then we will attempt to talk to them on the telephone. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within ten working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed.
6. We will confirm the decision about the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.
7. Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received.
8. If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:
● The Dental Complaints Service (08456 120 540) for complaints about private treatment
● The General Dental Council, 37 Wimpole Street, London, W1M 8DQ (the dentists' registration body)
● NHS England- email@example.com for complaints about NHS treatment
01986 872113 (Halesworth)
01986 893899 (Bungay)
Daniel Evans and Associates
Halesworth IP19 8EP
Daniel Evans and Associates
6 St Mary's Street
Bungay NR35 1AX
Monday - 9am to 5pm
Tuesday - 9am to 5pm (8pm some evenings)
Wednesday - 9am to 5pm
Thursday - 9am to 5pm
Friday - 9am to 5pm
If you have a problem outside our opening hours, please contact the Dental Out-of-Hours number on 111
Our principal, Daniel Evans is now placing implants at the Halesworth Practice. Implants are a fantastic fixed alternative to dentures. If they are well looked after and placed in a healthy mouth, they have a very high success rate. Please contact reception if you would like to discuss having implants.
One of our Associate Dentists, Josh Davies, is now offering the Inman Aligner!
This is a revolutionary new type of removable brace used to treat crowded teeth. The treatment is carried out in a fraction of the time that conventional fixed braces take- it can be completed in as little as 6 weeks!
The cost of the treatment is also much lower than the standard cost for fixed Brace treatment. Please contact reception and log on to www.inmanaligner.com
for more details.